Maximum Efficiency in X-ray Detection
Analysing Sensitive Samples
QUANTAX FlatQUAD – Where Conventional SDDs Reach Limitations
QUANTAX FlatQUAD is the EDS microanalysis system based on the revolutionary XFlash® FlatQUAD. This annular four-channel silicon drift detector is inserted between SEM pole piece and sample, achieving maximum solid angle in EDS. In combination with the ESPRIT analytical software suite, QUANTAX FlatQUAD provides unrivaled mapping performance, even for the most difficult samples.
- Extremely fast mapping using only moderate beam currents
- Analysis of beam-sensitive materials at extremely low beam currents (< 10 pA), e.g. biological or semiconductor samples
- Investigation of samples with topography, avoiding shadowing effects
- Analysis of nanoparticles and nanostructures at low kV and highest magnification
- Measurement of thin samples (e.g. TEM lamellae) and other specimens with low X-ray yield in the SEM.
Maximize Your Efficiency
The unique annular design of the Bruker XFlash® FlatQUAD detector and its position between the SEM pole piece and the sample lead to an unmatched solid angle which directly translate into faster measurements. Together with the ESPRIT software suite, the QUANTAX FlatQUAD provides the ideal instrument to analyze e.g. sensitive samples at lowest beam currents or samples with high topography.
The XFlash® FlatQUAD can also turn your SEM or FIB into low voltage analytical STEM to analyze electron transparent samples at highest spatial and spectroscopic resolution in a more timely and cost-efficient way.
To gain even more information from your electron transparent samples, combine the XFlash® FlatQUAD with an eFlash EBSD detector retrofitted with OPTIMUS head.